The Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute(KASI) is a government-funded research institute located in Daejeon, Republic of Korea. We conduct front-line research in various fields of astronomy, astrophysics and space science, develop astronomical instruments and operate facilities in Korea and overseas. We are currently looking for creative and outstanding postdoctoral scientists.
○ The Areas of Recruitment: A Detailed job description for each area is attached separately.
- P1:Optical Imaging Observations and Observational Studies(1 position)
- P2.: Optical Spectroscopic Observations and Data Analysis(1 position)
- P3: Supernovae/External Galaxies using Time-Series Optical Data(1 position)
- P4: Star formation and Evolved stars(2 position)
- P5: AGN study(1 position)
- P6: Research with TRAO(1 position)
- P7: VLBI Data Analysist(1 position)
- P8: Millimeter/submillimeter wave instrumentation(1 position)
- P9: Infrared/Optical Astronomy(1 position)
- P10: Solar Corona Science(1 position)
- P11: Planetary science(1 position)
- P12: Earth's ionosphere/upper atmosphere observation and research(1 position)
- P13: Cosmology(1 position)
- P14: Cosmology and Astrophysics(1 position)
- P15: Theoretical Astrophysics(2 position)
- P16: Relativistic Numerical Simulation(1 position)
- P17: Development of Gravitational Wave Detector Technology(1 position)
※ New hires may be appointed as postdocs only if their starting date is within 5 years of receiving their PhD(including those who are going to obtain their PhD before or no later than the appointment date).
※ The appointment date is negotiable with an agreement of the corresponding PI, but it should be within 2021.
※ Those currently employed as post-doctoral researchers at KASI are not eligible for application.
※ One application out of the 17 areas will be accepted.
○ Applicants should apply online at https://www.kasi.re.kr/eng/post/eng_jobopening.
(by January 16th 2021, 3:00p.m. KST)
○ Candidates must upload
1) A curriculum vitae
2) Research achievement and plan
3) 5-year Publication and project list
○ Schedule for the Selection Process
1) Document review: Jan. 20th 2021 to Jan. 26th 2021
2) Presentation & Interview: Feb. 8th 2021 to Feb. 19th 2021
※ The result of each selection process will be informed to the applicants through e-mail.
○ Presentation about the Research
1) About the past research achievements and future research plan (PPT 10~15 pages)
2) Duration: 30 minutes including 10 minutes of presentation, 15 minutes of Q&A
(This will be adjusted by the number of successful applicants.)
3) For foreigners abroad, the presentation and interview will be conducted via Skype.
○ A photocopy of the diploma should be presented when the candidate joins the KASI.
○ The successful candidate will be provided with the remuneration(starting from around 43,200,000 KRW(around $38,900(pretax)) per annum excluding severance pay) depending on qualification, research budget and financial supplement for health insurance and national pension, one-way airfare to join the KASI(economy class), and a dormitory room for single/double if needed(dorm fees: 150,000/90,000KRW). The KASI is committed to increasing its diversity and welcomes applications from women, minorities and people with disabilities.
○ To proceed with a fair recruitment process, the personally identifiable information which is unrelated to one’s work such as name (first name and surname), picture, names of educational institutions, gender, sexual orientation, address, family or relatives cannot be mentioned in the CV, Research plan, or other necessary documents.
○ The applicant is responsible for the disadvantage caused by Error/Mistake, omission and being impossible to contact.
○ Depending on the results of CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK of applicants from their own countries, the ineligible applicant’s employment will be nullified.
○ If a false information is found in the submitted documents, your employment will be canceled.
○ The position and salary of the successful applicants is evaluated by the internal rules of KASI.