The Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute(KASI) is a government-funded research institute located in Daejeon, Republic of Korea. We conduct front-line research in various fields of astronomy, astrophysics and space science, develop astronomical instruments and operate facilities in Korea and overseas. We are currently looking for creative and outstanding postdoctoral scientists.
○ The Areas of Recruitment: A Detailed job description for each area is attached separately.
- P1: Study of exoplanetary atmosphere(1 position)P2 Extragalactic Astronomy(1 position)
- P2: Extragalactic Astronomy(1 position)
- P3: Extragalactic Astronomy(1 position)
- P4: KMTNet Time-Series Data and Supernovae/Dwarf Galaxies(1 position)
- P5: Evolved stars(1 position)
- P6: High-energy Astrophysics – Active Galactic Nuclei (1 position)
- P7: VLBI Data Analysist & KVN/EAVN Support(1 position)
- P8: Digital Signal Processing(1 position)
- P9: Radio Astronomy(2 position)
- P10: Research on space weather prediction(1 position)
- P12: SPHEREx Science or Instrumentation(1 position)
- P13: "Cosmology and Astrophysics"(1 position)
- P14: Research with Large optical telescopes and User Support(1 position)
- P16: Technology Development for Segmented Mirror System(1 position)
- P18: Instrumentation for Gravitational Wave Detectors(1 position)
※ New hires may be appointed as postdocs only if their starting date is within 5 years of receiving their PhD(including those who are going to obtain their PhD before the appointment date).
※ The appointment date is negotiable with an agreement of the corresponding PI, but it should be within 2022.
※ Those currently employed as post-doctoral researchers at KASI are not eligible for application.
※ One application out of the 18 areas will be accepted.
○ Applicants should apply online at https://www.kasi.re.kr/eng/post/eng_jobopening.
(by Feb 4th 2022, 3:00p.m. KST)
○ Candidates must upload
1) A curriculum vitae
2) Research achievement and plan
3) 5-year Publication and project list
○ Schedule for the Selection Process
1) Document review: Feb. 10th 2022 to Feb. 15th 2022
2) Presentation & Interview: Mar. 7th 2022 to Mar. 15th 2022
※ The result of each selection process will be informed to the applicants through e-mail.
○ Presentation about the Research
1) About the past research achievements and future research plan (PPT 10~15 pages)
2) Duration: 10 minutes of presentation, 15 minutes of Q&A
(This will be adjusted by the number of successful applicants.)
3) For foreigners abroad, the presentation and interview will be conducted via Skype.
○ A photocopy of the diploma should be presented when the candidate joins the KASI.
○ The successful candidate will be provided with the remuneration(starting from around 43,200,000 KRW(around $38,900(pretax)) per annum excluding severance pay) depending on qualification, research budget and financial supplement for health insurance and national pension, one-way airfare to join the KASI(economy class), and a dormitory room for single/double if needed(dorm fees: 150,000/90,000KRW). The KASI is committed to increasing its diversity and welcomes applications from women and people with disabilities.
○ To proceed with a fair recruitment process, the personally identifiable information which is unrelated to one’s work such as name (first name and surname), picture, names of educational institutions, gender, sexual orientation, address, family or relatives cannot be mentioned in the CV, Research plan, or other necessary documents.
○ The applicant is responsible for the disadvantage caused by Error/Mistake, omission and being impossible to contact.
○ Depending on the results of CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK of applicants from their own countries, the ineligible applicant’s employment will be nullified.
○ If a false information is found in the submitted documents, your employment will be canceled.
○ The position and salary of the successful applicants is evaluated by the internal rules of KASI.