Postdoctoral Position (Cosmology) at Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute
1. Outline of the Program
This fellowship is awarded to Korean/international researchers with a recent PhD on cosmology or a related field to support them in their further research.
(Application Deadline: July 31, 2014)
2. Eligible Applicants
- Researchers with a recent PhD in the Astrophysics, particle physics or a related field.
- Especially in the model of dark matter and its phenomenological study including direct and indirect detection and evolution in the early Universe.
- Persons with a PhD in hand at the time of the of the fellowship period
- Successful applicants should be able to join the KASI by December 31, 2014.
3. Details of the Fellowship
- Annual stipends at around KRW 35,000,000 before tax (approximately USD 34,000 ), depending on qualifications and experience
- Research Budget and Financial supplement for health insurance and national pension
- One-way airfare to join KASI (economy class)
4. Grant Period
- 2 years with a renewable extension to the third year (3 years total) upon successful performance
5. Application Materials and Selection Procedure (All submission materials should be in English sent by electronically or by post)
- Curriculum vitae : including information about education (academic degrees, field of study and the title of the thesis or dissertation and dates of award), professional experience, fellowships and grants received in the past, and a list of research accomplishments and publications)
- 2 letters of reference: Letters of reference from two persons in a position who academically evaluate the applicant and his/her research proposal, such as his/her dissertation supervisor, professors or fellow researchers.
- Research proposal (free-style essay)
- A pre-graduate applicant should by an appropriately confirmed document.
(Please contact email@example.com to get the required form)
- Oral presentation by Skype (only for selected applicants)
- Contact person: Ki-Young Choi
- Tel: +82-42-865-2171
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax: +82-42-865-2022
- Address: Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute 776, Daedeokdae-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea 305-348