Faculty Positions in Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI)
Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI) is a government-funded Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI) is a government-funded research institute located in Daejeon, Republic of Korea. We conduct front-line research in various fields of astronomy, astrophysics and space science. Furthermore, KASI develops astronomical instruments and operates facilities in Korea as well as overseas. We are currently searching for creative and outstanding staff scientists.
The Applications should be submitted by April 21, 2019 (22:00 KST) at https://www.kasi.re.kr/eng/publication/post/recruitNotice
○ The Areas of Recruitment
▶ A1: Optical Astronomy
- Big Survey Data and Machine Learning Research (2 Positions)
▶ A2: Optical Astronomy
- Time Domain Astronomy Research (1 Position)
▶ A3: Space Astronomy
- Space Weather Research Satellite Operation and Magnetosphere/ionosphere Research (1 Position)
▶ A4: Radio Astronomy
- Whole fields of Radio Astronomy (1 Position)
▶ A5: Radio Astronomy
- Development of Instruments for Micro- and Mili-meter wavelengths (1 Position)
▶ A6: Large Telescope and Instrumentation
- Development of Optical and Infrared Instruments (1 Position)
○ Schedule for the Selection Process
① Document review (Preliminary Selection): 2019-04-29(Mon.) ~ 2019-05-03(Fri.)
② Presentation(Secondary Selection): 2019-05-20(Mon.) ~ 2019-05-24(Fri.)
③ Comprehensive Interview(Final Selection): 2019-06-17(Mon.) ~ 2019-06-21(Fri.)
※ The result of each selection process will be informed to the applicants through e-mail.
※ Presentation about the Research
- About the past research achievements and future research plan (PPT 10~15 pages)
- Duration: 30 minutes including 20 minutes of presentation, 10 minutes of Q&A
(This will be adjusted by the number of successful applicants.)
- For foreigners abroad, the presentation and interview will be conducted via Skype.
※ Employment date: Second half of 2019 (Negotiable)
o Depending on the results of CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK of applicants from their own countries, the ineligible applicant’s employment will be nullified.
o If a false information is found in the submitted documents, your employment will be canceled.
o The position and salary of the successful applicants is evaluated by the internal rules of KASI.