University of Science & Technology (UST)
UST is the graduate-level education program in the field of Astronomy and Space Science being operated in Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI) which is the National Research Institute on astronomy and space science. UST aims to foster professional scholars for the 21st century, and USTians perform researches and get education via participation in national and/or big projects together with their supervising professors affiliated in KASI.
Merits of UST
There are larger number of faculties than that of students, so USTians can have multiple supervisors and/or guidance by several researchers in the team. USTians can have access to forefront research facilities, and are covered with decent stipends, tuition fees, dormitories, etc. Applications are made twice a year for Master-Doctoral Integrated and Doctoral courses (some Master courses also). UST-KASI is a place where you can both participate in top-level astronomical researches and obtain academic degrees together with being friends with future astronomers. UST Astronomy and Space Science
- Semester Open: March (Spring) and September (Fall)
- Application Steps:
- Monthly grant
- Master Course – 4 Semesters, KRW 1,200,000/month
- Doctor Course – 4 Semesters, KRW 1,600,000/month
- Integrated Course – 8 Semesters, (Appropriately for Master or Doctor Courses)
- In campus dormitory at a low cost
Major: Astronomy and Space Science
Astronomy and space science is an academic discipline studying the nature based on the understanding of celestial objects and outer space. Students scientifically investigate the universe through astronomical observations and theoretical research, and learn skills to develop and utilize astronomical instruments. We aim to educate students for internationally competent research capabilities.
- Preferred majors for the program: Astronomy, Space Science, Physics
- Preferred subjects in underground school: Introduction to Astronomy
- Basic: Modern Astronomy / Space Physics / Astrophysics / Radio Astronomy / Observational Astronomy
- Advanced: Advanced Astrophysics / Special Topics in Astronomy and Space Science
- Interstellar Medium: Interstellar Medium
- Stars and Planets: Star Formation / Stellar Structure and Evolution / Extrasolar Planets
- Galaxies: Extragalactic Astronomy I / Extragalactic Astronomy II / Special Topics in Extragalactic Astronomy (Advanced)
- Cosmology: Modern Cosmology / Statistical Analysis of Scientific Data
- Ancient Astronomy: Korea Astronomical Almanac / Ancient Astronomical Instruments Restoration
- Astronomical Instrumentation: Fundamentals of Astronomical Instrumentation
- Sun and Space Weather: Solar Physics / Magnetospheric Plasma Physics / Ionospheric and Upper atmospheric Physics
- Space Geodesy and Space Situation Awareness: Orbital Dynamics / Global Navigation Satellite System / Space Geodesy: Theory and Applications (Advanced)
- Laboratory Research/Seminars/Thesis Direction
학생현황 (16.11월 기준)에 따른 재적생(통합, 박사), 졸업생(석사,박사)의 현황을 확인하실 수 있습니다.
교원현황 (16.9월 기준)에 따른 교수, 부교수, 조교수, 초빙교원의 현황을 확인하실 수 있습니다.