Outline of the Program
- KASI and Steward Observatory, University of Arizona invite applications for the four-year KASI-Arizona Joint Postdoctoral Fellowship in Astronomy and Astrophysics.
- Candidates must have completed all requirements for the PhD in Astronomy or a related field within 5 years before the starting date of the Fellowship, and must have demonstrated English language proficiency. If required, the candidates should be eligible to get a visa appropriate for the Fellowship from both the USA and Korea.
Details of the Fellowship
- While at Steward Observatory, the Fellow will receive an annual salary of $55,000 USD, as well as benefits including health insurance for the Fellow and the accompanying dependent family members, a competitive level of research fund that covers the purchase of computer(s), travel, and related research expenses, as well as reasonable relocation expenses
- While at KASI, the Fellow will be awarded an annual stipend of about 50M KRW (subject to change according to KASI rules). This includes benefits, such as national health insurance for the Fellow and the accompanying dependent family members. The Fellow will receive a competitive level of annual research fund (about 10M-15M KRW) that covers the Fellow’s research activities.
- During the 4-year duration the Fellow will be affiliated with, and have access to facilities of both institutions.
- Duration of the Program shall be four (4) years for each Fellow and the Fellow shall stay two (2) years at KASI and two (2) years at STEWARD OBSERVATORY.
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Publications
- Description of Current and Proposed Research
- Names of Three References
- Names of Prospect Mentor at Each Institution
- 3 Letters of Reference
- Letters of Endorsement