Outline of the Program
- The East Asian Core Observatories Association (EACOA) is an alliance of four major astronomical research institutions in East Asia, and is dedicated to promote regional research cooperation. The member institutes of the EACOA are the Korean Astronomy and Space Science Institute (KASI), the National Astronomical Observatories of the Chinese Academy of Science (NAOC), the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ), and the Academia Sinica Institute of Astronomy and Astrophysics (ASIAA). The EACOA hereby announces an opportunity for highly qualified individuals to apply for EACOA postdoctoral fellowships to conduct research in all branches of astronomy and astrophysics.
- Researchers with a recent PhD in the Astronomy or equivalent degree in the related fields within the last five years
- Persons with a PhD in hand at the time of the start of the fellowship period
- $5,000 monthly , relocation expenses, and research funds of circa $20,000 per year
- Fellows are expected to work full-time on their research programs, and to be in residence in at least two EACOA member Institutions during the period of the Fellowship appointment.
- Two years with a possible extension to the third year upon successful performance