Outline of the Program
- This fellowship is offering prominent Korean or international scholars of Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Space Science the opportunity to engage with KASI to further their research aims.
- Persons with excellent accomplishments and a PhD in hand at the time of the start of the fellowship period.
Details of the Fellowship
- Annual stipends start at $60,000, dependent on qualifications and experience
- Research budget and financial supplement for health insurance and national pension
- Two years with a possible extension to the third year upon successful performance.
- Completed application form (a standard application form is available for download)
- Curriculum vitae. This should include information about education (academic degrees, field of study, the title of the thesis or dissertation, and the date of award), professional experience, fellowships and grants received in the past, and a list of research accomplishments and publications.
- Three letters of reference (a standard letter of reference form is available for download). These should be letters of reference from three persons in a position to academically evaluate the applicant and his/her research proposal, such as professors or fellow researchers - one of whom must be the applicant's PhD dissertation supervisor.
- Research proposal (free-style essay)
- One copy of the PhD diploma
- Contact person: A-In Cho
- Tel: +82-42-865-2015
- Fax: +82-42-865-3313
- Address: Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute 776, Daedeokdae-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea 34055