Outline of the Program
- KASI and The Observatories of the Carnegie Institution for Science Carnegie Observatories invite applications for a four year KASI-Carnegie joint postdoctoral fellowship in astronomy.
- We encourage applications from researchers from the fields of astronomy and astrophysics, although preference will be given to researchers with research interests common to those of KASI and Carnegie Observatories, and particularly those relevant to the Giant Magellan Telescope (GMT).
Details of the Fellowship
- The Fellow will be awarded a benefit package including a competitive stipend, medical care, and an annual research budget of about $10,000. They will also have full access to all resources and facilities available to both institutions.
- The researcher will be expected to work for two years at the main office of the Carnegie Observatories in Pasadena and another two years at KASI in Korea.
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of current research
- Research plan based on the resources and facilities available at both institutions
- Three letters of reference sent directly by the referee
- One copy of the PhD diploma
- Contact person: KASI: Dr. Narae Hwang
- Carnegie Observatories: Dr. John Mulchaey